Sunday 4 September 2011

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri 2011

Aidilfitri this year was a low key event for me, hubby and the kids. We did very very early raya shopping. In fact, some were done when we went to Bandung in January early this year. So that actually took care of some of the things that Hubby and I needed to do and buy - with twice the savings!

This year was Kota Bahru's turn. But after our last bad experience braving the traffic during last year Aidiladha, we had decided to fly instead of driving. I can't tell you how glad I was in making that decision. We didn't have to put up with 10-12 hours of tiring and chaotic journey. I just can't imagine having 3 restless small kids in a confined and moving space. I believe I could go mad...

Our flight was just for an hour. Abang Iqie, Abang Afeeq and Rayna were behaving themselves all the way. They were really an angle especially when we flew back to KL.

Previous years, I would call my parents to wish them Happy Aidilfitri in the morning itself. And without fail, I would cry! This year, I determined not to... and to make sure that didn't happen, I devised a clever plan. I didn't call them! Instead, I MMS them Rayna's photo in Baju Kurung (traditional Malay attire for girls) and wished them. That took care of the tears hahahaha...

Selamat Hari Raya Maaf Zahir dan Batin!

ieja


No comments: