Thursday 6 November 2008

CONFINEMENT ERA (Part 1)

I didn't stay at the hospital long... in fact I only stayed less than a day. Iqie visited me and took me home as well. At first when I observed him, he was all joy and laughter seeing a baby. I guess he didn't realise that the baby was going to go home with all of us and that his life would never be quite the same again.

At the hospital, he was excited when we presented him with Afeeq. He called Afeeq "Oya" as in Sofea - our niece. He called all babies "Oya" actually hehehee... When we got home, only then he looked a little bit confused. He must be wondering why the heck this little "Oya" was at home with all of us... and probably why wasn't he allowed to play with "Oya".
Things got more complicated for him when Mummy had to fuss around "Oya" and sort of left him with Daddy and Tok Mak, or worst... at his own devices.

What he notices is that Mummy isn't available for him all the time now. Of course I feel guilty and terrible for not being able to attend to him all the time anymore.

Another dilema that I have is the problem of breast feeding Iqie and Afeeq. Iqie is so used to having the privilege and the luxury all to himself that when Afeeq came into the picture, he sort of retaliated. It used to be our bonding time - Mummy and Iqie alone. He doesn't hate his little brother for making him share this precious moment with Mummy, but he would claim his rightful place when Afeeq is done, or whenever he sees Mummy sitting down, not doing anything particular.

But one thing good did come out of this... Iqie is becoming more attached to his Daddy... and that Daddy is really having fun entertaining his little precious. It makes me realise how much I love them both and Afeeq, and how content I am with my life.

No comments: