Wednesday 6 January 2010

NEW YEAR - NEW ME?

Well... new year came and went and I didn't even realise it. It's not as significant as when I was in my 20s, or before I have children. No wonder people always say that your priority changes when you get married and have children. Have my priorities changed? I believe so...

In my previous entries I had voiced out my aspirations in life and what I want to achieve in the years to come. I once told a good friend that I wanted to be a CEO one day, and that I want to run my own company. Is this still valid? Frankly, I don't know. But those are some of what I want to achieve in my life. But to achieve those goals, I would have to make sacrifices, like my priorities, time and energy. I would have to be work-focus. If I were to pursue those goals, how would I divide my time and energy between work and family. Can I have it all..?

I'm selfish... that I have to admit. I want it all... (ahhhh... Bon Jovi's song rings in my mind... heheheh). I want a lot of things (don't we all..??). I want (1) a good job with high pay, (2) to live in my dream house at the location that I prefer (3) to spend as much time as I want with Hubby and the children, (4) to drive a car that makes car enthusiasts jealous of me (5) to have a doctorate attached to my name (6) to be able to travel anytime anywhere. And of course a lot of other things... If I were to list them down, I would need 3 days to do so...

But the bottomline is... am I enjoying life and make the best of everything? The answer is YES... I'm enjoying my life now with its ups and downs. Throw any hurdles to me and I'll make each one of them a lesson in life - to be shared and reflected from time to time. Someone told me before - life is hard enough without us making it harder...

ieja

No comments: