Tuesday 15 July 2008

MY (WEIRD) COLLECTION

I like to collect. Well... in a way, most people do. But, the things that I collect are sometimes things that even I can't explain why someone would want to collect them. When I was studying, I used to keep things that are dear to me, or things that make me happy. I have a full box of postcards that I collected throughout my stay in the UK. They are everything from free ads postcards, postcards of places that I've been to, postcards with interesting and funny pictures or wordings or saying... you name it, I might have it.

When I look back at some of my collections, among them are small toys that often make me smile, I remember the old times. The fun times that I had with friends and other people... The times that I believe I would never have again...

But the problem now is that I'm too caught up with work and other things that I rarely have time to collect again, or even to enjoy them. They are being hauled away in boxes and I have even forgotten which box had I kept them. I supposed if these are the things that used to make me happy, I ought to revisit them once a while. But that "once a while" has never been in my daily agenda. Bad enough that I kept them away hidden in a box somewhere, but to stop collecting them?

I think I need to continue collecting these items. To restart my old hobby. They don't cost much anyway... and they make me happy. I wonder what my son would think of that... hehhehe. He may not be able to express his delights in words yet, but his actions would be enough for me to know if he approves my restarting of the old hobby.

ieja

2 comments:

arrdeen said...

ieja

rajinnya!!

i might also have things that i used to collect but my problem is with logistics.. hahah

happy collecting!!

ieja said...

hehhe not that rajin. Those are old collections. Am still thinking of what else can i collect. Things that won't require much space and attention. At the same time won't be boxed away too soon... heheh