Wednesday 30 July 2008

NO MORE A BOY'S TOY

As much as I hate to admit it (especially to Hubby!), I actually love my car. Yes, I enjoy driving my own car. You must be wondering what car am I driving now... hehehhe... It's just an old car, nothing fancy I swear... it's just a 1996 Honda Civic SO3. Most people recognise it as 2-door (hatchback) EK.
But what makes it so lovable? The fact that it's one of the chase-after cars makes me love it even more... hehehe.. but apart from that, I just love the performance. The 1.8 big Vtec engine adds to the thrill especially after I pay my toll. The exhilaration and anticipation of the "praaaaannnggg" sound every time I leave the toll booth are just indescribable. The highway or empty roads are other avenues for me to floor the gas pedal (I'm not like Hubby who can cilok anywhere anytime!).

Yes... people ask... what do a girl know about cars. You'll be surprised how much this girl knows about her car. I know what Mugen and Spoon are, where Kakimotor and N1 Racing are, what HOC and Zerotohundred are (even PMC!), what AFC and e-manage are. I might be a bit daft when it comes to the history of Honda or Vtec, but I sure do know the generations of Civic quite well.

But of course, I have to bow to Hubby. He's been educating me and filling me up with all the information (sometimes overload!). The education has benefited not only me, but (mostly) him as well coz now he has someone to listen to whenever he talks about his passion and understands it. But the greatest plus point is that he gets most of his gadgets for his beloved blackie in terms of his birthday presents, anniversary presents, father's day presents and if possible for him, all of the public holidays presents.

The minus point for me is very obvious as well. I get car gadgets as well for most of the special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries. For a girl like me, sadly, jewelery is a rare thing (not that I fancy them much!).

There are still a lot of work to be done on the car before both Hubby and I are fully satisfied with it. The engine performance is not my concern as I'm happy with it already. Athough Hubby has been feeding me with a lot of ideas on how to make it perform better - like swapping the block, installing ARC radiator (my god... it's so expensive!) and a lot more. But I'm not buying them... Our primary concern now is the body work. We're waiting for the right time when we can swap the EK9 parts with the original ones, the suspension has to be Tien, the spoiler has to be Spoon and the body paint has to be black. We just swapped the exhaust from Vision R to Spoon... so we're almost there... hehehhee...

ieja

2 comments:

arrdeen said...

ieja

i read thru your car entry here BUT i guess i am an ordinary typical female who has a hard time trying to understand those jargons!! or because my other half is not into car also.. hehe :)

roSSe

ieja said...

heheheh ala roSSe.. i'm a typical female driver as well... hehehehe most input is from u know who... hehhee education for me in that sense