Friday 19 September 2008

EID MUBARAK & EID ul-FITR

I'm approaching my 9 months milestone... and just like my first time, it is as scary... like I've never done it before. The worst part is that I have to cope with Ramadhan and then Raya... I've tried fasting for the first few days. Thank god the first day was a holiday (replacement for Merdeka Day). But the other two subsequent days proved to be too much for me coz I have to be mobile all the time running here and there. And that actually had taken its toll. I suffered from terrible stomach pain and dehydration.

I've been advised to just break my fast. Thus, I've been sneaking around here and there to find secured places to just have a snack so that I can eliminate my hunger and thirst. So far, my colleagues have been supportive. Like there was one time, the girls who couldn't fast took a key to a Stream. We sat in there and munch our McD's burgers. The tinted glasses didn't help much as some passers by actually stared at us. So every time there was someone walking nearby, we would stop munching and try to hide our loots. It was hilarious and naughty...

There was also one time where we actually parked one of my colleague's car at the parking lot of a building and munched our burgers and nuggets in there. But since it was a private parking lot and it was not a break time, no one noticed us.

The experience was new to me as I had never bought food in the middle of the day during Ramadhan before. Usually I would just refrain myself if I was in public places or in the office. If I really need to fill up my tummy, then I would usually do it at home. Even during my last pregnancy with Iqie. That would be my practice as well. Never out in the open. Maybe this time around it was different because I have a clique of girls who happened not to be fasting and were willing to eat our lunch out in the open. They were willing to say out loud "Yes, I'm not fasting and I'm going to eat, but not in front of you!"

But the worst part is not having people staring at you in the car as if saying that we shouldn't eat because it was Ramadhan, or do it somewhere else! The challenge of this Ramadhan is the shopping part. I couldn't possibly bring myself to even look at the dresses and baju kurungs hanging on the display racks. Hugely because I basically know that I'm not able to buy them and that I won't be wearing anything fancy this year for Raya. That is really a frustrating thing...

But all hope of shopping is not lost altogether. I've planned to revamp my wardrobe after I complete my confinement period. I'm going to make a list of the clothing items that I want to buy and *walla* come December, I'm going to shop like mad. It's going to be either in KL or Bandung... so we'll see... All I have to do is be patient...!!

ieja


1 comment:

arrdeen said...

Ieja..

can't imagine makan menyorok2 dgn perut yg besar heheh!!

i have a different experience.. when i have my menses during ramadhan, i would feel hungry and definitely rasa nk makan and minum.

but when i was prgnant with Inas (bersalin on the 25th ramadhan) rasa kenyang je pulak.. tak lapar mcm when i'm having my menses.. i guess my perut wasssss extremely big sampai nk bernafass pun semput!! betul!! so may be no more spaces for food.. hahah!

salam ramadhan .. selamat melahirkan baby and selamat hari raya :D